Race to Cradock is 10 days away.
I know that how?
- Race boxes are taking shape and I start looking for the lids.
- I start searching for Meryl’s e-mail with the Aramex depot address.
- Final markings on the maps are done and I start folding them into 2L ice cream tub size.
- I get a picture of my shadow and see a bicycle dressed in full battle armor.
- I experience the bliss of my annual equipment treat … a new chain and cassette.
The next 10 days will pass in slow motion and then on Thursday the 19th the world comes to a standstill for a few days. It’s time!