1. Basboontjie (Elephantorrhiza Burkei) flowers have turned into very noticable bright green pods.
2. Stamvrugte have fruit now. They are a bit scarce but are there. Skin a bit bitter with sweeter flesh inside. Baboons love them, suck them off & spit the seeds out.
3. Koedoebessie also have fruit, about 20mm in size. Don’t see lots of them, maybe you can help spot a few more.
4. Fluweelboswilg has flowers starting, should be in full bloom soon. Going to be a sight!
5. Beautiful specimen of a Lekkerbreek (Ochna pulchra) AKA Peeling-bark Ochna, bark stripped curvy white branches. Look out for them going up the cement road at Kamonande 2.
Apart from the usual, also saw 3 snakes, a beautiful big porcupine (ystervark), a few new bird sightings & id’d a few new trees.
Another rewarding weekend at Kamonande!