Did a first ride with full kit and full bike setup tonight after dark, some may say its cutting it fine 7 days before the start. To those I say … I agree :-).
– Bike has a problem with BB and stem (Update. Fixed tx Hotspot Cycles).
– Final saddle test, will settle with the Gobi.
– Both bike & head lights are superb!
– Back pack and saddle bag excellent!
– Flight deck. DIY Map board stable, light mount perfect, Polar mount perfect!
– Few small adjustments then we’re good to go.
– Tomorrow morning its cold clothing layer test. Hoping we can dip below zero.
I will be using the following 2 lights at RTR. Both great lights!
Bike light: Extreme Lights Extreme 1200 MKII Bicycle-Light. I have had the Extreme 1200 MKII for a few months already and have done many night rides on easy & rough terrain and it has performed perfectly all the time.
Head lamp: LED Lenser H7R.2. Our trusted H7R.1 had a button stop working and it was sent to LED Lenser for repair. Low and behold they replaced it under warranty with the latest H7R.2 which we received yesterday via courier. What brilliant service! LED Lenser now has a new marketing ambassador!